04 Sep. 20. Defence Committee Evidence Session Announcement. Defence Committee to question Plymouth City Council and Unions on defence procurement and prosperity. On Tuesday 8 September, at 14.30, the Defence Committee will hold an evidence session as part of its inquiry into the defence policy of the Ministry of Defence (MoD), exploring procurement policy in relation to UK prosperity and the Department’s impact on the defence supply chain.
In this third evidence session the Committee will question Plymouth City Council and its local partners on the role of defence procurement in local prosperity. It will also question union representatives on the current challenges in defence industrial policy, sovereign capabilities, skills, prosperity and developments in the Fleet Solid Support ships contract.
Tuesday 8 September
* Councillor Tudor Evans OBE, Leader of Plymouth City Council
* Brett Phaneuf, Founder and Chief Executive of M Subs Ltd
* Nick Hurst, Chief Executive Officer of Artemis Optical Ltd
* Rhys McCarthy, National Officer for Aerospace and Shipbuilding, Unite
* Garry Graham, Deputy General Secretary of Prospect
* Ross Murdoch, National Officer, Shipbuilding, GMB