19 May 16. Defence Committee – Oral, Evidence Session: Sec Of State.
Russia: Implications For UK Defence And Security. Tuesday 24 May 2016, Committee Room 15, Palace of Westminster.
• Rt Hon Michael Fallon MP, Secretary of State for Defence
• Air Chief Marshal Sir Stuart Peach GBE, KCB, ADC, DL, Chief of Defence Staff Designate
• Peter Watkins CBE, Director General Security Policy, Ministry of Defence
This is the final oral evidence session for the major Defence Committee inquiry into Russia: Implications for UK defence and security. The Committee has recently returned from a visit to Moscow and will question the Secretary of State for Defence on a number of issues, including:
• Russia’s military capability and how UK and NATO capabilities compare with this;
• Russian military and non-military action in Crimea, Ukraine and Syria;
• UK understanding of Russia and the extent of Russian expertise within the Government;
• The Government’s objectives for the forthcoming NATO Warsaw Summit;
• The impact of sanctions on Russia and on the UK economy
19 May 16. Joint Committee on the National Security Strategy. On Monday 23 May at 4.15pm in Committee Room 4A, Palace of Westminster, the Joint Committee on the National Security Strategy held an evidence session on the National Security Strategy and the Strategic Defence and Security Review 2015.
Likely topics for discussion include:
• How the National Security Strategy is being implemented
• UK cyber security
• The UK’s Critical National Infrastructure
Monday 23 May 2016, 4.15pm, Committee Room 4A, Palace of Westminster