20 Mar 13. Defence Committee. The Defence Committee will be publishing the following Special Report at 11.00 am on Friday 22 March 2013:
* Defence and Cyber–Security: Government Response to the Committee’s Sixth Report of Session 2012–13 as its Sixth Special Report of Session 2012-13, HC 719. The Report will be made available on the Committee’s website, www.parliament.uk/defcom, on 22 March 2013 and copies may be purchased from The Houses of Parliament Shop (12 Bridge Street, Westminster, London, SW1A 2JX) on the day of release.
22 Mar 13. Defence Committee. Select Committee Announcement. As the Defence Committee indicated on 10 December 2012, its priority is to help to shape the next Strategic Defence and Security Review.
Today it announces the next stage of this work, an inquiry entitled ‘Towards the next Defence and Security Review’. This will cover the issues set out on 10 December 2012, viz:
• the strategic balance between deterrence, containment, intervention and influence
• the utility of force
• the legitimacy of force, including the political/military interface, and the changing legal environment
• lessons learned from current and recent operations
• the relationship between hard and soft power in terms of influence.
The Committee would welcome written evidence to the inquiry. This should be sent to the Clerk of the Defence Committee by Friday 12 April 2013.
If, as foreshadowed on 10 December, this inquiry gives rise to further inquiries on specific aspects, terms of reference for these will be issued in due course.
SUBMISSION OF WRITTEN EVIDENCE SHOULD:
* If possible, be provided electronically in MS Word or Rich Text format by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. If submitted by e-mail or e-mail attachment, a letter should also be sent validating the e-mail. The letterhead should contain your full postal address and contact details. If you have any queries on the submission of evidence contact Christine Randall, Senior Committee Assistant, tel: 0207 219 6872, email: email@example.com .
* Begin with a one page summary if it is longer than six pages
* Have numbered paragraphs
* Avoid the use of colour or expensive-to-print material.
Submissions can also be sent by post to Defence Committee, House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA.
Individuals and organisations interested in submitting written evidence to the Committee may find the Commons: Guide for Witnesses particularly useful.
22 Mar 13. The Defence Committee published the Government’s Response to its Report on Defence and Cyber-Security. Rt Hon James Arbuthnot MP, Chair of the Committee, commented: “We publish today the Government’s Response to our Report on the important and evolving issue of Defence and Cyber-Security. The Committee will maintain its interest in this issue and has written to the Secretary of State for Defence following up on several issues in the Government’s response. We will make the Secretary of State’s reply available on our website”.
The Committee’s Report on Defence and Cyber Security (Sixth Report of Session 2012-13, HC 106) and the Government Response to the Report (Sixth Special Report, Session 2012-13, HC 719) are available on the Committee’s website, www.parliament.uk/defcom, and copies may be purchased from The Houses of Parliament Shop (12 Bridge Street, Westminster, London, SW1A 2JX).
House of Commons Hansard Written Answers for Thursday 21 March 2013
Armoured Fighting Vehicles
Andrew Rosindell: To ask the Secretary of State for Defence how many Warrior infantry fighting vehicles are in service with the British Army. 
Mr Dunne: The number of Warrior infantry fighting vehicles currently in service with the Army is 781.
House of Lords Written Answers for Tuesday 19 March 2013
Armed Forces: Unmanned Aircraft
Asked by Baroness Stern: To ask Her Majesty’s Government, further to the Written Answer by Lord Astor of Hever on 11 December 2012 (WA 211), with which international partners t