www.topengineer.com is the world’s largest specialist engineering jobs search engine, hosting thousands of job opportunities worldwide at any one time.
TopEngineer.com Job Of the Week!
Job – Project Planner in Stevenage
Location: Stevenage, UK
Job type: Permanent
Category: Defence Engineering
Job Reference: 147854LTC
Posted on: 19 Jan 2018
About the Role: Morson International are currently looking to recruit a Project Planner to join our defence client.
Whereby you will be responsible for delivering key objectives through ownership and provision of best practice project planning, and delivering the rigour of project performance management to their respective project team.
* Development, deployment and ongoing management of the Project / Programme master schedule
* Practicing, promoting and upholding the company standard of planning and scheduling.
* Analysing ongoing progress and performance, assessing this against contractual and internal targets – determining variance and its respective causes, preparing / presenting reports and recommending actions to maintain and or improve progress
* Establish and Initiate the Project / Programme overall project schedule and ensure it is deployed and maintained to the Company Standard
* Integrate all Project / Work Package plans and ensure they are fully integrated to achieve an overall network to the company standard.
* Support the development of planning skills across the Project Team, coaching Engineering, Production and Project Management team members in best practice planning and scheduling. Support the teams on plan updates.
* Analyse, understand and communicate actual project critical paths – forward and backward passes.
* Deploy, manage and maintain the Projects Performance Measurement Baseline (PMB), including the Earned Value Management System (EVMS), where required
* Produce, distribute and report project schedules, advising on conflicts and corrective actions
* Ensure Task Directives (TD) are defined, developed and maintained & updated.
* Capture analysis and challenge project performance data and turn it into relevant, high quality and accurate reports and forecasts, communicate these to all levels in the project team
What we are looking for from you:
* Experienced in planning and industry standard planning techniques such as GANTT, PERT, Critical Path Method (CPM), Precedence Diagramming Method, (PDM), Schedule Risk Analysis (SRA), EVM.
* Experienced in enterprise business management tools (Oracle Primavera P6, SAP, and ARM) and advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Excel.
* Experienced in common Commercial and Financial practices (contractual adherence, financial analysis, forecasting etc.)
* Ability to analyse performance data, define root causes of variance and potential impacts, negotiate with broader team in order to plan and initiate corrective action
* Hold durable communication skills, capable of working in large teams with a complexity of skills (Engineering, Finance, Commercial, Project Management, etc.) and also have the appeal of working in a multicultural pan-European environment.
* A proactive team player who can inspire others, who is assertive and possesses good communication and arbitration skills.
This is a great opportunity to join a world leading organisation who foster a ‘work hard/reward well’ mentality. Needless to say, a highly completive salary and benefits package is on offer.
23 Jan 18. BAE Systems to promote defence manufacturing in Maharashtra. Global giant BAE Systems will promote defence manufacturing in Maharashtra for which the state government will provide supportive infrastructure, Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis said today. Here to participate in the World Economic Forum (WEF), Fadnavis today held meetings with several global corporate heads,