www.topengineer.com is the world’s largest specialist engineering jobs search engine, hosting thousands of job opportunities worldwide at any one time.
TopEngineer.com Job Of the Week!
Job – Training Chief Engineer in Merthyr Tydfil
Location: Merthyr Tydfil, UK
Salary: £68950 – £75000 Per year
Job type: Permanent
Category: Defence Engineering
Job Reference: 00013
Posted on: 10 Jan 2018
About the Role:
Training Chief Engineer – Salary dependant on experience
On offer is a COE Product Training Chief Engineer career opportunity on a permanent basis. My client is a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide.
Purpose of Position
My clients Land Systems Department is looking to recruit an Engineering Manager to lead the development and delivery of the AJAX Training Solution and Training/Engineering teams, accountable for the planning, management and delivery of multiple training capabilities; this includes training products to be developed in house and with external suppliers and furthermore the delivery of the training solution and courseware to the end user. The role will place significant demands on their practical knowledge of systems engineering, product development, military fighting vehicles, training systems and training delivery. This is a critical engineering role demanding a high calibre individual who brings an Engineering and Training “credibility” with substantive experience. The individual will lead an established AJAX Training team, based in South Wales but will be required to mature this capability into the delivery and fielding phase of the overall programme. Beyond the definition, delivery and fielding of the training capability they will be involved in programme delivery, capability planning, budgeting, reporting and ensuring a schedule of activity and key milestones are met to support the overall programme needs.
* Functionally reporting to the Head of Engineering on technical aspects of the Training programme; accountable to the Training Senior Programme Manager for the delivery of the training solution in line with programmatic requirements
* Day to day management and supervision of the Training Engineering team
* Lead the technical development and fielding of the AJAX Training Solution
* Act as Design Authority for the AJAX Training Solution
* Supporting the on time and on cost delivery of all planned training project milestones and contract deliverables
* Support to the Preparation of Monthly reports for both Internal and External Stakeholders
* Chairing of Design Reviews and leading technical engagements with the Customer, Internal Senior Governance and Supply Chain
* Management and planning of personnel and material resources to satisfy the AJAX Training need
* Performing any other tasks related to Training as directed by the Engineering and Programme Leads.
* Engineering Degree –
* Demonstrable knowledge &understanding of the construct, development and delivery of an Armoured Fighting Vehicle Training Solution –
* Practical knowledge in Systems Engineering, Product Development, Training Courseware Development and Delivery –
* Knowledge and understanding of Armoured Fighting Vehicle Design –
* Experience of chairing Senior level Stakeholder reviews and acting as a primary Customer interface for Training –
* Experience and preparation of internal and external reports and presentations, –
* Knowledge and understanding of planning the delivery and fielding of training solutions to the end user (British Army in this instance) –
* Knowledge of Risk and Opportunity Management
Considerable Armoured Fighting Vehicle and Training S