www.topengineer.com is the world’s largest specialist engineering jobs search engine, hosting thousands of job opportunities worldwide at any one time.
TopEngineer.com Job Of the Week!
02 Aug 17. Job – Military Vehicles – Lead Engineer in Caerphilly
Location: Caerphilly CF83, UK
Salary: £60000 – £80000 Per year
Job type: Permanent
Category: Defence Engineering
Job Reference: 1144039
Posted on 20 Jul 2017
About the Role:
Military Vehicles – Lead Engineer
£60,000 – £80,000 + Bonus
Nr Caerphilly, South Wales.
On offer is the chance to further your career within a genuine market leading company that houses some of the most interesting engineering projects in the country. You may be looking for a step up in responsibilities, or you may be looking to step sideways into a company that employs over 10,000 people worldwide; either way, this company can offer great career prospects and the opportunity to work within a great environment.
High-end technology, market leading business, great salary and benefits in South Wales
* A proven track record of military vehicle and system development, and technical leadership
* Highly developed customer facing and negotiating skills
* Strong written, verbal and communication skills
* Thorough understanding of development, integration, test and acceptance procedures
* Cross Domain experience of military electronic, mechanical and software systems
* Ability to liaise with and present information to multidiscipline and multinational team members
* Familiarity with current British Army tracked and wheeled vehicles, relevant Defence Standards and EC Directives.
* Appreciation of all Defence Lines of Development
* Willing to travel within the UK and internationally
Required Education & Experience
* The successful candidate will have the following experience and education:
o A strong background in military vehicle development, electronic and software systems development, or heavy industrial automotive development.
o Bachelors Degree educated in Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering, or Electronics/Electrical Engineering
o Cross-Domain Technical leadership responsibility for the engineering development of complex systems
* Typically requires degree level education and staff and/or technical project/process management experience, or equivalent.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of one of the most forward thinking companies in the UK and to further develop your skills.
If you believe that the prior details are relevant to your recent work experience then please do not hesitate to apply to this advert with you up to date CV. Alternatively, you can submit your CV to:
02 Aug 17. Preliminary construction is underway on a new, $350m Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) facility that will produce next-generation satellites. The new facility, located on the company’s Waterton Canyon campus near Denver, is the latest step in an ongoing transformation, infused with innovation to provide future missions at reduced cost and cycle time.
The new Gateway Center, slated for completion in 2020, includes a state-of-the-art high bay clean room capable of simultaneously building a spectrum of satellites from micro to macro. The facility’s paperless, digitally-enabled production environment incorporates rapidly-reconfigurable production lines and advanced test capability. It includes an expansive thermal vacuum chamber to simulate the harsh environment of space, an anechoic chamber for highly perceptive testing of sensors and communications systems, and an advanced test operations and analysis center. The Gateway Center will be certified to security standards required to support vital national security missions.
“This is our factory of the future: agile, efficient and packed with in