www.topengineer.com is the world’s largest specialist engineering jobs search engine, hosting thousands of job opportunities worldwide at any one time.
TopEngineer.com Job Of the Week!
26 Jul 17. Job – EU Sales Manager – Defence / Military in London
Location: London, UK
Salary: £40000 – £50000 Per year
Job type: Permanent
Category: Sales Engineering
Job Reference: 1162938
Posted on: 2 Jun 2017
About the Role:
A market leading manufacturing company operating within high Security Systems are now looking for a Sales Managee to cover the EU region. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Sales Manager or Sales Engineer looking for their next step up.
You will be generating European sales prospects for the EU region to the company through lead generation from potential and existing customers and planning persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential and existing customers to place new business with the company.
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Devise and implement the strategy for meeting sales performance targets
* Identify and prospect for potential new customers to ensure a pipeline of business opportunities and convert this to increased orders
* Grow, maintain and leverage the existing and new customer network by developing good relationships with key decision makers
* Work with technical and other internal colleagues to provide customer solutions
* Work with internal resources to develop cost estimates, tender preparation and pricing strategies
* Monitor and update the status of live projects and identify the resources required to deliver
* Oversee the development of high quality presentation materials to communicate the company’s capability and for promoting the profile of the business through all other appropriate methods
* Use a variety of selling skills to persuade or negotiate appropriately
* Attend industry functions and provide feedback and information on market trends
For this role, ideally you will have:
* Relevant Sales Management / Sales Engineering experience within the Defence/ Miliatry / Security / Electronics / High Tech industry
* Experience of European sales desirable but not essential – Ideal but not necessary
* Competent traveller
27 Jul 17. Leonardo inaugurates its new airborne systems facility in L’Aquila.
• The site, built according to the highest environmental and earthquake-resistant standards, is focused on Leonardo’s airborne systems activity and employs around 140 people
• Covering more than 4,500 square metres, the new facility is home to advanced technology including Mode-5 identification friend/foe (IFF) systems and airborne communications equipment
Today Leonardo officially inaugurated its airborne systems facility in L’Aquila, Italy. L’Aquila, the capital of Italy’s Abruzzo region, is one of the birthplaces of Leonardo’s airborne and space systems division and is also home to Thales Alenia Space (a joint venture between Thales, 67% and Leonardo, 33%) which opened a major site in the city in 2013. In the wider region, Leonardo has two additional international centres of excellence; a cyber security site in Chieti and Telespazio’s Space Centre in Fucino (Telespazio is a joint venture between Leonardo, 67% and Thales, 33%) which together employ around 850 staff.
“The opening of a new industrial park, where state-of-the-art technologies are developed by highly skilled, specialist staff, is a concrete symbol of Leonardo’s commitment to the revival of the Abruzzo region’s economy” said CEO Profumo, adding “The expertise of our people here in L’Aquila contributed to Leonardo having recently been awarded a major contract by the UK Ministry of Defence to upgrade the Identification Fried/Foe (IFF) systems on more than 350 aircraft, ships and ground emplacements. We are confident that this site will be an important driver for growth