www.topengineer.com is the world’s largest specialist engineering jobs search engine, hosting thousands of job opportunities worldwide at any one time.
TopEngineer.com Job Of the Week!
01 Jul 17. Senior Systems Integration Engineer
General Dynamics UK 4,267 reviews – Wales
General Dynamics Mission Systems-UK is recruiting a Senior Systems Integration Engineer on a permanent basis.
General Dynamics UK is a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide. Our employee culture is one that thrives on innovation, embraces teamwork and possesses a strong will to succeed. The pioneering technologies and the quality of our people give us our competitive edge.
Dynamics is not just part of our name, its part of our spirit.
Purpose of Position This role is for a Senior Systems Integration Engineer within a dynamic products development team. The role will place significant demands on the individual’s Integration engineering knowledge and experience and will require close liaison and co-operation with the Systems Engineering and Software Development teams and Programme SI teams. The candidate must manage a team and be prepared to adapt to the needs of the project
Responsibilities • Product Integration of software components
• Analysing software requirements/Capabilities
• Working proactively with Manage Product Software Development scrum team/s and the EvO Agile Release Train SI software solutions team
• Validating software design against requirements and assumptions.
• Understanding of Software design, simulation, implementation
• Software product level testing (CSCI, CSC, Unit)
• Creation and Adherence to the software Integration test plans, and software implementation standards
• Creating relevant software documentation
• Support of Programme Increment released software working within SAFe 4 guidelines
• Work planning
Education/Experience Required Skills & Abilities
• Agile methodology testing and software development experience
• Cross-platform development (Linux and Windows Platforms)
• Experience of integration & requirements engineering
• Experience with the testing and design development of embedded and/or platform systems
• Experience in the software development and test
• Good Analytical and Problem solving skills
• Ability to self-manage, ensuring deadlines are achieved
• Ability to meet challenging timescales, including the willingness to work additional hours at peak times
Required Education & Experience
• A degree qualification in a relevant subject, such as Software Engineering, Electrical or Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or IT
• Significant, engineering expertise in Systems Integration and Test of software, firmware and hardware
04 Jul 17. Saab Digital Air Traffic Solutions AB and Storuman Municipality will today sign a letter of intent regarding the establishment of the world’s first Remote Tower Centre for smaller regional airports (AFIS). The letter of intent means that Saab Digital Air Traffic Solutions and Storuman Municipality will initiate a feasibility study aimed at establishing a ”Remote AFIS Centre” for remote tower services and digital air traffic control services for smaller regional airports. The development of the technology and methodology will initially be carried out at Hemavan Tärnaby Airport, with the objective of expanding the dialogue to several other airports.
“Interest is growing in digital air traffic solutions for all types of airports owing to requirements for increased safety, greater flexibility and reduced costs. Storuman Municipality is a good partner with solid conditions for establishing the world’s first Remote AFIS Centre,” says Johan Klintberg, CEO of Sa