08 May 15. Canada – Defence seeks portable GC-MS unit. The Canadian Department of National Defence has announced a requirement for the supply, installation and commission of one portable Gas Chromatograph Mass Spectrometer (GC-MS) unit with Solid-Phase Micro-Extraction (SPME).
The Request for Proposal (RFP) states the following specifications:
• Device must be fully self-sufficient for operation with on board power and carrier gas for a minimum of 2 hours of continuous use
• Single person portable
• Weight: < 20kg • Start-up time to operation: >10 minutes
• Power: battery and/or 120V 60hz line power
• Fast GC solid phase micro extraction (SPME) applications with typical run times of 5 minutes or less with baseline resolution separation for qualitative and quantitative analysis of complex mixtures (>25 compounds) such as analysis of VOC’s and SVOC’s, explosives, environmental contaminants and unknowns.
• Capable of trace chemical quantitative analysis at <100 ppb sensitivity for VOC’s and SVOC’s applications • Must provide unit mass resolution (FWHM) or better across the full mass range, which must span from 50 to 450 amu or wider, and a scan speed of 10 scans/second or faster. The contract includes the provision of training for up to five users. Delivery is requested by 15 July 2015 to Gatineau, Quebec. Reference Number: PW-$$PV-916-67208 Solicitation Number: W8486-152221/A Procuring Authority: Public Works & Government Services Canada Submission Deadline: 8 June 2015 (Source: MPI - Hawk Information) 08 May 15. Canada - Forensic imaging devices for Defence. The Department of National Defence (DND) has specified a requirement for the supply of 25 Compact Forensic Imaging Devices, with an option to purchase an additional 25 devices during the next two years. Specifications detailed in the Request for Proposal (RFP) include: • Forensic capture of information saved on electronic storage devices, and download (saving) to internal and external data storage • Record the serial number, make and model of each device • Image: Permits imaging of information contained on USB storage devices, SD cards and SIM cards. Also permits logical acquisition of data stored on “Smart” technology devices (e.g. Apple iDevices, Android OS devices, etc.) • Clone: Permits cloning of a computer hard drive • Wipe: Permits logical wiping of information on any device connected • Format: Permits formatting wiping of any device connected • Power via Internal Lithium-Polymer battery for >3 hours continuous usage
Reference Number: PW-$$PV-940-67195
Solicitation Number: W6399-16HA27/A
Procuring Authority: Public Works & Government Services Canada
Submission Deadline: 8 June 2015
(Source: MPI – Hawk Information)
12 May 15. Industry feedback wanted on Canadian Surface Combatant security requirements. The government has announced that it is seeking industry feedback on the current security requirements associated with the Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC) procurement process.
The notice is intended to allow interested parties time to consider the security issues prior to the release of the Request for Response for Evaluation (RFRE). The RFRE will then seek to identify companies qualified to participate further and to receive the formal Request for Proposal (RFP). Qualified Suppliers will be selected for either the Warship Designer stream or the Combat Systems stream, or both. Some of the subsequent formal engagements with selected Qualified Suppliers will involve classified material.
Interested parties should consult the notice in full for an overview of the current security requirements.
Reference Number: W847S-SRCLCSC001
Procuring Authority: Public Works & Government Services Canada Submission Deadline: 20 October 2015
(Source: MPI – Hawk Information)
07 May 15. Denmark – Supply of life-saving equipment to Royal Navy. The Defence Acquisition and Logistics Organisation (DALO) have a requirement for the provision of pyr