Sponsored by American Panel Corporation
23 May 17. Following the announcement regarding the jobs initiative with TopEngineer, BATTLESPACE is examining ways to enhance and improve this service with the addition of new functionality. This would include:
1. Addition of the ability of Companies to source Bid Teams via the web site. These positions would include Bid Managers, Proposal Writers, PR Companies, Lawyers and Accountants.
2. Addition of the ability of Primes and First Tier Companies to source subcontract parts, technology and services in the same manner that jobs are advertised. At the moment it is difficult for SMEs to make contact with the Primes to advertise their expertise in manufacturing and technology.
3. Addition of the ability for the MoD, ADS and DE&S to advertise Industry Days for major projects to enable SMEs to offer their products and services.
4. Enhancing the current International Procurement Opportunities Section in BATTLESPACE to include details of more overseas tenders.
5. The addition of hyperlinks to such key organisations who can help manage overseas and UK bids such as MoD, DE&S, UKTI, ADS, NDI, AUSA and Fairfax County.
6. The addition of hyperlinks to UK and International Tender sites such as DCB, TED and the USD DoD.
We would welcome your ideas and input into this project
Do contact Julian Nettlefold,
23 May 17. United Kingdom-Bristol: Training and simulation in aircrafts, missiles and spacecrafts
Prior information notice for contracts in the field of defence and security
Section I: Contracting authority/entity
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
Ministry of Defence, Air Support, Flight Simulation and Synthetic Trainers Project Team (FSAST PT)
Walnut 3A, #1317, Abbeywood
Contact point(s): Juliet Venn
Telephone: +44 3067981755
General address of the contracting authority/entity: www.dco.co.uk
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
Ministry or any other national or federal authority, including their regional or local sub-divisions
I.3)Main activity: Defence
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities/entities
The contracting authority/entity is purchasing on behalf of other contracting authorities/entities: no
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority/entity:
Provision of Maintenance and Post Design Support (PDS) to specified Synthetic Training Equipment (STE) for Tri-Service Users undertaking Training.
II.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Service category No 1: Maintenance and repair services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance:
II.3)Information on framework agreement
II.4)Short description of nature and scope of works or nature and quantity or value of supplies or services:
The authority has a requirement to provide Maintenance (Preventative and Corrective) and Post Design Services to specified Synthetic Training Equipment (STE) located within establishments within United Kingdom Air Command (RAF Brize Norton, Henlow, Odiham, Waddington, Wittering) and 22 Training Group Maintenance Schools (DSAE Cosford, Cranwell, Gosport, Lyneham), to ensure that the equipment remains in an Environmentally and Safe Condition for use. The proposed Contract will be for an initial period of three years commencing 1.4.2018, with the option to extend for a further period of 2 x 12 month options, up to 31.3.2023.
Estimated value excluding VAT: 5 000 000 GBP
This contract is divided into lots: no
II.5)Common procurement vocabulary