11 Jun 20. CONNECT by COGES EVENTS. After cancellation of Eurosatory due to the current sanitary crisis, its organiser COGES EVENTS will hold the online business meetings “CONNECT”, on September 14 and 15, 2020. They will be dedicated to all French and international manufacturers in the land and airland Defence and Security domains.
These online meetings will allow to the entire Defence and Security community, companies, governments, international organisations and research centres, to make appointments that the cancellation of the show has deprived them of.
Proximum, the provider of Eurosatory business meetings, will organise these online appointments for COGES EVENTS. They will take place in the form of secure video conferences via the Vimeet platform.
Registration will be opened next week to allow everyone wishing to participate to plan the business meetings.
CONTACT for participants : Jérémy VIGNA +33 (0)1 44 14 51 52 /
08 Jun 20. Virtual Discussion Group Event on the “Threat to Mobility”, sponsored by Pearson Engineering in conjunction with Defence IQ, which will take place on the 24th June.
An example of some of the discussion questions are below to which we have assembled a panel of experts to answer this and many other questions on the day:
- NATO is again planning for peer-on-peer conflict in Europe as the most demanding conflict scenario.
- How have battlefield mobility & counter-mobility requirements changed since the Cold War and what might they look like 10 years from now?
- What do you anticipate will be the role of heavy and medium armoured vehicles in urban warfare, how are they best utilised and what will be their limitations?
- What are the greatest challenges for mobility in the urban environment and what will be needed to overcome them?
- What will be the role of remote control, semi-autonomous and autonomous systems in supporting mobility and counter-mobility in the future conflict environment?
- What are the lessons learnt from conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan with regards to the IED threat and how can those lessons be utilised in future major conflicts?
A web-link is here: https://www.pearson-eng.com/the-threat-to-mobility-a-virtual-interactive-discussion-group/