06 Jul 17. Motorsport to Defence Delegation at DSEI 2017. 14 September 2017 – ExCel London. Step into the defence industry and meet with leading companies from across the supply chain. Are you interested in engaging with the defence sector or considering exhibiting at DSEI in 2019? Join us to find out more and explore these opportunities. The MIA are working together with the show organisers and will be hosting a one-day motorsport delegation to DSEI 2017. Visit MIA members exhibiting at the show and find out how they have grown their motorsport businesses within the defence sector. Attend the MIA seminar during the day and hear case studies from companies who have successfully transferred their capability into defence.
04 Jul 17. Ten weeks until DSEI: the top features confirmed. Defence and Security Equipment International (DSEI) will mark its tenth edition when it takes place this September at ExCeL London. Ten weeks until the event’s opening, we have listed the Top Ten features which combine to make DSEI ‘the event for the entire defence and security industry to conduct business’.
1. Exclusive programme of international VIP speakers, which includes:
• Rt Hon Sir Michael Fallon MP, Secretary of State for Defence
• Rt Hon Liam Fox MP, Secretary of State for International Trade
• Rt Hon Ben Wallace MP, Minister of State for Security
• Harriett Baldwin MP, Minister for Defence Procurement
• Admiral Sir Philip Jones KCB ADC, First Sea Lord and Chief of Naval Staff
• General Sir Nick Carter KCB CBE DSO ADC Gen, Chief of the General Staff
• Air Chief Marshal Sir Stephen Hillier KCB CBE DFC, Chief of the Air Staff
• General Sir Chris Deverell KCB MBE ADC Gen, Commander, Joint Forces Command
• Jorge Domecq, Chief Executive, European Defence Agency
• Dan Bailey, Program Director, Joint Multi-Role/Future Vertical Lift, AMRDEC, U.S. Army
• Michael Vaccaro, Director, Office of Strategic Industries and Economic Security, U.S. Department of Commerce
• Lieutenant General Carlo Magrassi, Secretary General of Defence & National Armaments Director, Ministry of Defence Italy
• Lt Gen Frank Leidenberger, Commander DEU Elements Multinational Corps / Basic Army Organisation, German Army
• Maj Gen Kathryn Toohey, Head Land Capability, Australian Army
• Major General J.P.A. Pelletier, RCAF Fighter Program Lead, Royal Canadian Air Force
2. Unrivalled exhibitor base: DSEI will host a record 1,600 exhibiting companies. Some of those that have been with DSEI the longest include: Armscor; BAE Systems; Land Rover; Lockheed Martin; Raytheon; Rheinmetall; Rolls Royce; SAAB; Singapore Technologies; and Thales.
3. Air static displays: A striking display of over ten impressive aircraft including two fighter jets, SAAB Gripen and Tornado GR4, an array of military helicopters including*: Chinook, Apache, Wildcat, Merlin, and two additional rotorcraft from Leonardo, and several UCAVs will also be showcased throughout the event.
4. Visiting warships: DSEI’s water-side location is a unique and highly popular draw. This year the event expects to welcome a significant number of international naval vessels*, including:
• L.É. Samuel Beckett from the Irish Naval Service
• A Coastal Patrol Vessel from the Belgian Navy
• Royal Naval ships including a Type 23 Frigate, Minehunter, Offshore Patrol Vessel and 2 Inshore Patrol Vessels
Ship visits for media can be arranged at the Media Centre reception
5. Waterborne demos: The daily ‘waterborne’ display programme of the latest maritime kit is another of DSEI’s top appeals. Visitors can expect to see exclusive demonstrations of Survitec Group 7.8m rigid hull inflatable boat, Copenhagen Group 13m Nunya High Speed Patrol Interceptor, JFD Seal Delivery Unit, BAE Systems Pacific 24 rigid inflatable, and the Royal Marines Offshore Raiding Crafts
6. Inaugural Joint Zone: To help navigate the event, DSEI is divided into dedicated capability zones: Air, Land, Sea and Security. New to this edition will b