Web Page sponsored by IT Governance
23 Oct 12. Research and Markets announced the addition of Frost & Sullivan’s new report “U.S. DoD Electro-Optical/Infrared Systems Market: Improving Surveillance and Targeting” to their offering. This research service focuses on the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) electro-optical/infrared (EO/IR) systems budget spending. Included in this service are research, development, testing, and evaluation (RDT&E), procurement, operations and maintenance (O&M), and services. Contract activity for the DoD EO/IR Systems for 2011 is also included. The DoD EO/IR Systems budget is comprised of the Army, Navy/Marine Corps, Air Force, and Joint Service spending plans and is included in this study. This study indicates which technology products and services are emphasized in DoD EO/IR budget spending and contracts. The base year for financial spending is 2011, and the market forecast is from 2012 to 2017.
Market Overview – Definitions:
– The research service forecasts do not include classified programs and budgets. Portions of the total EO/IR market information are not accessible to the public.
– Program funding is derived from the DoD 2013 budget request and includes designated portions of OCO funding. Contract data is based on the 2011 calendar year.
– EO/IR systems inherent in new-build tactical man-pack, ground vehicles, ships, and aircraft platforms are included if distinctly specified by program, contract, or contract modification.
– Program funding and contract spending values do not always align year to year due to a combination of administration costs, multiyear contracts, and technology use across segments.
– New platform EO/IR system estimates, program, and contract segmentation, along with funding forecasts beyond 2013, are made at the analyst’s discretion.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer:
– What are the areas of growth within the DoD EO/IR systems market; what procurement will be the focus through 2017?
– What segments, technologies, and services make up the market?
– What are the leading drivers and restraints for the DoD EO/IR systems market?
– What are the top programs for the DoD EO/IR systems market?
– What technologies and services will the program budget emphasize?
– What companies are leading the EO/IR systems research, procurement, and services market? (Source: BUSINESS WIRE)
IT Governance is a unique organisation.
We source, create and deliver products and services to meet the real-world, evolving IT governance needs of today’s organizations, directors, managers and practitioners. Our objective is to make this site the one-stop-shop for comprehensive corporate and IT governance information, advice, guidance, books, tools, training and consultancy.
IT Governance Ltd
t:+ 44 (0) 8450 701750
d:+ 44 (0) 1353 771068
f:+ 44 (0) 1353 662667