Wi SYSTEMS LAUNCHES NEW WIRELESS SYSTEMS
By Julian Nettlefold
06 Nov 10. Wi-Systems, the wireless communications division of IndiComm Global Ltd, the Lincolnshire (UK), based advanced communication specialist announces the launch of its new long-range modular wireless systems, Vega and Aquila. BATTLESPACE was invited to the roll-out of the Vega and the Aquila systems which were demonstrated this week at a location in Lincolnshire.
Together with some of Europe’s leading technical innovators, IndiComm launched Wi-Systems in January 2009. Since then IndiComm has moved forward and developed its own proprietary range of secure, high bandwidth, long range transmission systems capable of transmitting data, voice and CCTV video etc for use in a wide range of applications including security, remote areas, outdoor events and local government. These systems can be mounted into vehicles or are available as completely portable units. They can be powered by a combination of Solar & Wind or battery solutions if required which make them totally independent and able to work in remote locations.
Wi-Systems have the following attributes:
* Higher wireless throughput – up to 300Mbps and, via a unique UHX(r) technology.
* Longer range – tuned wireless technology to achieve distances up to 40km.
* Greater security -most products provide military standards of security for secure data transfer. Our wireless solutions blends MAC filtering, WEP 152bit, WPA/2 with TKIP or AES encryption with a unique SPG1 packet compression, to provide complete peace of mind.
* More rugged – weatherproofed beyond IP65, built to demanding military standards – their reliability means less call backs, greater customer satisfaction.
* Easier deployment – ergonomic designs with clear instructions for fast, trouble free installation, with minimal training required. Wireless units feature easy to read status LED’s for fast alignment.
* More cost-effective – our wireless systems provide low cost, transportable high reliability links over any terrain.
* More versatile – the class-leading throughput and range of our wireless bridges provides the ideal solution for bandwidth-hungry applications such as hi-res CCTV, VoIP, video conferencing and much more
We have a wide range of products to suit all needs.
The VEGA range is designed for short range applications and has a range of up to 800meters The VEGA was developed to provide a secure turret solution by giving the commander images of the drivers DVE. Other applications include CCTV, Body / Helmet Cameras, Sniper Sights and Field Deployed Cameras, and all these can be fully encrypted if required. VEGA can be integrated with the AQUILA systems which can provide further onward transmission to command centres etc.
The AQUILA range is designed for Command centre awareness and has long range applications up to 30kms, such as point to point, back haul, Point to Multipoint capabilities. Unlicensed Frequencies can be utilised and the range can be increased with the use of repeaters.
The AQUILA range consists of vehicle mounted and portable options and will transmit encrypted video and audio along with telemetry controls from local sources such as the Wi-Systems range of cameras or our modular Vega range. Video & Audio can be recorded and viewed locally or remotely on DVR.
The AQUILA system demonstrated consists of one Front Line Vehicle, in this case, a Land Rover Defender 90 which has been totally restored by Hobson Industries, the vehicle has been equipped with an array of antennae from Omni-directional to line-of-sight, an advanced wireless Audio & Video transmitter/ receiver communications suite, multi-colour screens, local DVR recording with play back and advanced IR & day / night cameras with full PTZ control. To complete the system a unique 7 metre air lift mast, part of the Wi-Mast range, which is specially designed for the LR Defender 90 comes in its own roof box enhances the Aquila Long range sy