10 June 22. MOD and Cabinet Office face questions on veterans’ affairs. On Wednesday 15 June, at 14.30, the Defence Committee will hold a one-off evidence session, hearing, for the first time, from the Office of Veterans’ Affairs (OVA). The Minister for Defence People and Veterans, Leo Docherty MP, will appear in front of the Committee, as will the Director of OVA, Jessie Owen. The session will seek to establish OVA’s priorities and what work it has undertaken with veterans. In another first, the questions to be asked were submitted by veterans and their families to the Committee’s recent online survey seeking their views. Topics likely to be covered include transitioning out of the Service, veterans’ physical and mental health and housing and homelessness.
14.30, Wednesday 15 June:
- Leo Docherty MP, Minister for Defence People and Veterans, MOD and Cabinet Office
- Jessie Owen, Director, Office for Veterans’ Affairs, Cabinet Office
10 June 22. The Committees on Arms Export Controls will hold its final oral evidence session for its inquiry into UK arms exports in 2019 on Monday 13 June 2022.
The meeting will be held in Committee Room 15 and can be watched live here.
At 2.00pm: • Rt Hon James Cleverly MP, Minister of State (Minister for Middle East and North Africa), Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office
- Ranil Jayawardena MP, Minister for International Trade, Department for International Trade
- Jo Crellin, Director General, Trading Systems at the Department for International Trade
- Samantha Job, Director for Defence and International Security, Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office
The session with Ministers and officials is likely to cover:
- The new Strategic Export Licensing Criteria;
- ECJU Services and Resources;
- Exports to countries of concern;
- Enforcement and compliance; and
- The potential impact of technological developments on the export control regime