16 Feb 22. House of Commons Scottish Affairs Committee.
Evidence session: Defence in Scotland: Military Personnel and Estate.
Monday 21 February 2022, 15:00
Defence sector to give evidence on opportunities for Scottish industry
The Scottish Affairs Committee is continuing to take evidence on its inquiry, Defence in Scotland: Military Personnel and Estate.
During Monday’s evidence session, the Committee will be hearing direct from the defence industry on a wide range of issues. Members are likely to discuss:
- Defence industry spending in commitment to Scotland;
- The impacts the UK’s changing defence priorities are having on investment, employment and communities in Scotland;
- Industry opportunities for Scotland, especially in the shipbuilding and space sectors;
- Defence industry collaboration with the Ministry of Defence, UK and Scottish governments;
- Industry and governmental support for defence sector SMEs in Scotland.
Witness from 15:00
- John Howie MBE, Chief Corporate Affairs Officer, Babcock
- Stephen McCann, Managing Director, Optronics, Thales
- Oliver Waghorn, Managing Director of Government Relations, BAE Systems
Witnesses from 16:00
- Dr Suzanne Costello, Chief Operating Officer, MCS Limited
- Kevin Craven, Chief Executive Officer, ADS Group
- Dr Hina Khan, Senior Project Manager, Spire Global UK Limited
Jamie Mincher, Chief Executive Officer, Glenalmond Group