Qioptiq logo Raytheon

MILITARY VEHICLE NEWS

————————————————————————-

Web Page sponsored by MILLBROOK

Millbrook, based in Bedfordshire, UK, makes a significant contribution to the quality and performance of military vehicles worldwide. Its specialist expertise is focussed in two distinct areas: test programmes to help armed services and their suppliers ensure that their vehicles and systems work as the specification requires; and design and build work to upgrade new or existing vehicles, evaluate vehicle capability and investigate in-service failures. Complementing these is driver and service training and a hospitality business that allows customers to use selected areas of Millbrook’s remarkable facilities for demonstrations and exhibitions.

Tel: +44 (0) 1525 408408

www.millbrook.co.uk/military

——————————————————————
03 May 10. Rheinmetall MAN Military Vehicles GmbH – Closing after antitrust approval. First announced in January 2010, the joint venture between the Düsseldorf-based Rheinmetall Group and MAN Nutzfahrzeuge AG can now take immediate effect following approval by the relevant competition authorities. The expertise of both companies in wheeled tactical vehicles will flow directly into the newly founded company Rheinmetall MAN Military Vehicles GmbH (RMMV) of Munich. The move creates a comprehensive supplier of wheeled tactical vehicles, capable of meeting the needs of the military at home and abroad for protected and unprotected transport, command and multifunctional vehicles. Rheinmetall holds a 51% stake in the company, with the remaining 49% held by MAN. By bringing together Rheinmetall’s defence technology prowess with MAN’s longstanding experience in utility vehicles, RMMV makes an important contribution to the consolidation of the German and European market for military utility vehicles. As a first step, the development and sales activities of both companies in the wheeled tactical vehicle sector will be transferred to RMMV effective 1 May 2010. In a second contractually agreed step, the relevant production facilities of the partner companies will be integrated into the joint venture structure by the end of 2011, though they will remain at their present locations in Kassel, Germany (Rheinmetall) and Vienna, Austria (MAN). During the first phase, RMMV will have approximately 370 employees; following completion of the second phase, the company’s staff will increase to around 1,300, with projected annual sales in excess of €1bn.

03 May 10. BAE Systems, through its U.S. Combat Systems line of business, teammates Navistar Defense and ArvinMeritor, are proud to announce an on-time delivery of its Joint Light Tactical Vehicle (JLTV) prototype vehicles to the U.S. Army and Marine Corps. The prototypes will undergo a 12-month rigorous government test and evaluation period as part of the JLTV Technology Development (TD) phase. The BAE Systems — Navistar — ArvinMeritor team handed over seven JLTV prototype vehicles and four companion trailers to the U.S. Army in a ceremony last week at the Navistar Defense productions facility in West Point, Miss. The mix of vehicles included two JLTV Category A General Purpose vehicles, four JLTV Category B Infantry Carriers, one Category C Utility Carrier. In January 2009 Australia entered into a Land Force Capability Modernization
(LFCM) Project Arrangement (PA) for the TD phase of the JLTV program, enabling tactical vehicle interoperability and integration between U.S. future forces and Australian land forces. In support of the Australian Department of Defence, the team is now focused on completing the build of three additional variants and a companion trailer that will be delivered in June. These vehicles are designed to be highly compatible with the U.S. variants, ensuring interoperability between forces, yet tailored specifically to meet the needs of the Australian troops.
“Our rich history and extensive ex

Back to article list