www.topengineer.com is the world’s largest specialist engineering jobs search engine, hosting thousands of job opportunities worldwide at any one time.
————————————————————————-TopEngineer.com Job Of the Week!
Supplier Quality Engineer in Dorset
Location: Dorset, UK
Job type: Contract
Category: Automotive Engineering
Job Reference: JCCB0509
Posted on: 5 Sep 2018
About the Role:
Vivid Resourcing are currently looking for Supplier Quality Engineers to join a large aerospace and defense manufacturing company based in the South of England for a 6 month contract with immediate start. The ideal candidate will have experience in the following:
* Previous experience as a Supplier Quality Engineer within a technology company (ideally mechanical/aerospace) – Preferred
* Experience working in a supply chain organization – Preferred
* Proven experience of driving root cause corrective / preventive action with Suppliers
* Proven background in Quality Assurance and thorough understanding of quality tools and techniques including auditing
* Good technical mechanical and / or electronics engineering knowledge and the ability to read engineering drawings
* Understanding of key quality standards such as AS/EN 9100 and NADCAP
* Good technical engineering knowledge and ability to read engineering drawings
* Supplier relationship management
* Drive supplier non-conformance management and Root Cause Analysis
* Drive supplier quality management in line with company control procedures, and relevant regulatory standards e.g. AS/EN 9100
* Ensure quality assurance for new and existing suppliers through audits, source inspections, First Article Inspection sign-off and change control process management
* Effective flow down of quality requirements to suppliers throughout the product lifecycle
* Development of supplier capability via strategic and tactical improvement activities
* Conduct supplier site visits to observe and report on quality systems and material manufacture processes in support of ongoing supplier monitoring, this will include travel within the UK and occasional travel in Europe
* Analyze, track and report discrepancies and corrective actions taken when vendor products are rejected/returned on receipt or failure post acceptance
* Prepare documentation for inspection / test procedures
* Participate in First Article Inspections at Suppliers
* Participate in Continuous Improvement Projects
With this in mind if you are interested in being put forward for the position please apply below. If you know of someone else suitable please also refer them to this position.
Vivid Resourcing are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships or any other characteristic protected by law.
02 Aug 18. USAF Materiel Command head announces retirement. Air Force Materiel Commander Gen. Ellen Pawlikowski will retire from her post in September, the Air Force announced. Pawlikowski previously led the Air Force Research Laboratory and commanded the Air Force’s Space and Missile Systems Center in Los Angeles, Calif.
“Her service at Materiel Command has been inspirational for all who have worked under and with her, and her exemplary performance in her role has increased the importance of that Command” while paving “the way for strong future female leadership in our armed services,” House Armed Services Subcommittee Chairman Mike Turner (R-Ohio) said in a statement.
Pawlikowski is the Air Force’s third female four-star general and oversaw Materiel Command’s $60bn budget. The Air Force has not yet named a successor. (Source: Defense Systems)
09 Aug 18. Weld Australia to launch WA Defence Welding Hub. Weld Australia in association with EMICoL and Henderson Alliance are hosting the launch of the first defence welding hub in Perth on 22 August. The network of hubs will facilitate and foster activity which is necessary to achieving the degree of competence required by global defence prime contractors. Welding is a core capability critical in the delivery of upcoming defence equipment projects. A high level of welding competence will be required by both prime contractors and subcontractors in the supply chain if projects are to be delivered efficiently and companies are to take full advantage of the opportunities this defence initiative offers.
To facilitate and foster this activity, Weld Australia is establishing a network of defence welding hubs in key locations around Australia. Each hub will provide a focal point for defence welding activity through a network of contractors, subcontractors and relevant supporting organisations.
Key defence welding hubs will be developed at:
- Perth, WA;
- Melbourne, VIC;
- Adelaide, SA;
- Brisbane, QLD; and
- Wollongong, NSW.
This unique Weld Australia initiative will facilitate and foster activity which is necessary to achieving the degree of competence required by global defence prime contractors and their certifying authority.
The hub will provide a focal point for defence welding activity through a network of contractors, subcontractors and relevant supporting organisations. Additionally, the defence welding hubs will provide a range of services, including:
- Facilitate collaboration through a network of defence welding professionals and organisations;
- Provide access to Advanced Welder Training Centres, incorporating augmented reality simulators and advanced welder training systems, delivering state subsidised welder training courses to AS/NZS ISO 9606-1;
- Deliver welding, supervision, inspection, technology and engineering (IWI, IWS, IWT and IWE) courses;
- Offer welding consulting services on establishing factory production control systems to AS/NZS ISO 3834 and other technical welding problems;
- Provide IIW Certification to AS/NZS ISO 3834; and
- Expedite technology transfer, research development and commercialisation projects through Weld Australia’s relationship with DMTC, DSTG and the French, Italian, Spanish and German Welding Institutes. (Source: Defence Connect)
13 Aug 18. A new position and appointments in the Board of Management of Patria. The Board of Management of Patria will be strengthened by a new position of Chief Business Development Officer to support the implementation of the strategy, and two new business unit Presidents; for Land and for Systems business units, have also been nominated. Teemu Raitis, 41, has been appointed as President of Land business unit and a member of the Board of Management. He will start at the beginning of January 2019 at the latest. He has an extensive experience in multinational business as well as in product line marketing, service management and managing international sales. Prior to this appointment, Raitis was the CEO of Epec Oy, a subsidiary of Ponsse. He has also worked as Managing Director of Ponsse’s unit in Brazil and in various positions in Sandvik in Finland, Australia and in Chile. He holds Masters degrees in both in Economics and in Electrical Engineering.
Pasi Niinikoski, 57, currently President of Systems business unit, has been appointed as group level Chief Business Development Officer. He has a wide and long experience in business responsibility in Patria, which supports his new position to drive the development and implementation of the strategy. Niinikoski will start in this position at the beginning of November 2018.
Jonas Geust, 48, has been appointed as the new President of Systems business unit. He will start in this position at the latest in the beginning of November 2018. He has strong experience in business unit responsibilities in technology industry in various companies and in several countries. Geust has been employed by Nokia for over 15 years in various management positions. He has been responsible for Nokia’s N-Series product portfolio globally. Earlier he has also had various leadership positions within Nokia’s sourcing, logistics and quality functions. He also has experience in running startup companies in the field of technology. Prior to this appointment, Jonas Geust was the CEO of Rightware, where he has been leading the turnaround of the company into an industry leader in the connected car industry. He holds Bachelor of Engineering degree and a degree in Economics from the Norwegian School of Economics in Bergen.
All three will report in their positions to Olli Isotalo, President and CEO of Patria Group.
10 Aug 18. Klaus Kappen named Chief Technology Officer (CTO) Defence. Klaus Kappen, 49, formerly Head of R&D Coordination and Special Projects for Land Systems, has taken up his duties as Chief Technology Officer (CTO) at Rheinmetall Defence. In charge of the newly established CTO department at Rheinmetall headquarters, Mr Kappen reports directly to the Chairman of the Executive Board of Rheinmetall AG, Armin Papperger.
In his newly created post, he will be responsible for growing and maintaining Rheinmetall Defence’s technological expertise as well as for coordinating all research and development projects at Defence. His duties include taking part in the formulation and execution of corporate strategy in line with the imperatives of a pioneering technology developer and system supplier.
Furthermore, Klaus Kappen is responsible at Rheinmetall for identifying and analysing future equipment requirements of the armed forces and evaluating new products. Drawing on his longstanding experience in military R&D and technology, he will assist relevant departments of Rheinmetall Defence in preparing comprehensive system concepts for major projects of the armed forces.
Klaus Kappen joined Rheinmetall on 1 January 2018. Prior to this he headed the Land and Key Account Manager Army department at IABG mbH in Ottobrunn, where he was responsible for all activities relating to Bundeswehr ground forces.
TopEngineer was founded by serial digital recruitment entrepreneurs, the Potts brothers, the founders and former owners of Jobsite and the Evenbase digital recruitment group. They have used all of their knowledge and experience of digital recruitment and candidate attraction to deliver this global platform. TopEngineer was launched in 2015 to help organisations drive down the cost of engineering recruitment and to provide engineers with a one-stop-shop for all of their job hunting needs as well as career advice, news and events.
If you would like to know how TopEngineer can help your organisation, please contact the team on 03300 555850 or visit the site: www.topengineer.com Alternatively, if you are looking for a job, feel free to visit the site and apply for relevant roles.