www.topengineer.com is the world’s largest specialist engineering jobs search engine, hosting thousands of job opportunities worldwide at any one time.
TopEngineer.com Job Of the Week!
Job – Vehicle Owner in Wareham
Location: Bovington, Wareham BH20 6JG, UK
Salary: £34000 – £44000 Per year
Job type: Permanent
Category: Defence Engineering
Job Reference: 936905
Posted on: 8 Nov 2017
About the Role:
My Client is looking for a Vehicle Owner to join them at their Ampthill site but to be based down at their Bovington site to conduct the majority of the work load. As the company looks to grow its UK business over the next five years, it sees new opportunities to partner with the UK government to meet the country’s global defence and security needs.
Week 1 Mon – Thur 8.30am – 5.30pm. Fri 8.30am – 4.00pm
Week 2 Mon – Thur 8.30am – 5.30pm. Fri Day off
Lunch break 30 mins each day
My client has become known as a leading UK defence engineering company, delivering on a broad range of contracts for the MoD, prime contractors across the wider UK market and international defence ministries.
Specific Job Description
The Vehicle Owner will be joining my client at a time where the current project worked on is about enter its next phase, the qualification and verification of the upgraded vehicle. A large number of vehicle tests and trials are planned in this phase and I am looking for a vehicle owner to be a part of the trials team based down at Bovington, Dorset.
A Vehicle Owner has the responsibility of ensuring their assigned vehicle is always in a ‘ready state’ to perform or undergo the next set of trials.
The candidate will be based at Bovington and will work as part of the Integration and Test Team, ensuring all on vehicle activities of the assigned vehicle are organised, implemented and documented in accordance with company procedures. The candidate is expected to travel with the vehicle to any of the various UK test and trial sites
* Experience of performing and directing build and modification activities on complex systems, preferably within a defence programme.
* Experience of electrical and/or mechanical unit/component installation and configuration.
* Experience of maintaining associated documentation to record the build state and configuration of vehicles or similar equipment
* Ability to work independently on build and installation activities following instruction.
* Experience of working in a general workshop environment.
* Experience of directing a team of technicians to perform planned and unplanned maintenance on tracked vehicles (or similar).
* Ability to understand and discuss information across a large multi-discipline team.
* Capable of acquiring tracked vehicle licence if required and training provided.
* Competent user of Microsoft Word and Excel and other office based IT packages.
* Demonstrable experience of working in a tam with diverse skills and experience.
* Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Experience undertaking electrical interface fault diagnosis such as continuity testing using standard lab equipment.
* Experience of working on defence programmes, preferably within an armoured vehicle engineering environment.
* Experience of tracked armoured fighting vehicle maintenance with standard tools and test equipment.
* Familiarity with current British Army Armoured Fighting Vehicles and associated equipment
* Participation in test and trials activities
* Tracked vehicle operator training would be advantageous.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC)
16 Nov 17. Piriou establishes naval shipyard in Senegal, West Africa. French shipbuilding company Piriou Group has established a new naval shipyard in Senegal, West Africa, to support its international