Qioptiq logo Raytheon Global MilSatCom

LOCKHEED MARTIN AND RAYTHEON JOINTLY BID CEC

5 Feb 03. Raytheon Co. and Lockheed Martin plan to prepare a joint bid for the Navy’s cooperative engagement capability, or CEC, block 2 program, which they estimate to be worth about $1bn.

The defense contractors said the CEC program is designed to target and destroy airborne weapons in mid-flight. Raytheon is the design agent and prime contractor for CEC block 1, and Lockheed Martin is the design agent and prime contractor for the Navy’s Aegis weapon system.

On the CEC block 2 proposal, Raytheon will serve as design agent and prime contractor, and will carry about 60% of the workload for the project, using Lockheed Martin as its prime subcontractor, which will pick up the remaining 40% of the project.

The two companies are already working on the UK’s CEC programme which is primed by Lockheed Martin

Back to article list