04 Mar 11. India approves Jubilant Aeronautics JV plan. Indian authorities have approved a proposal submitted by private company Jubilant Aeronautics to establish a joint venture (JV) with a foreign company to develop and produce unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) systems for the Indian market. The Indian Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) announced in late February that Jubilant’s proposal to “induct foreign equity” will enable the Delhi-based company to “carry out the manufacturing of different types of unmanned aerial systems and accessories in the defence sector.” (Source: Jane’s, JDW)
11 Mar 11. Northrop Grumman Corporation and industry partner The Boeing Company submitted a joint proposal for the U.S. Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Objective Simulation Framework (OSF) program.
OSF, which will integrate the MDA’s modeling and simulation architectures for the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS), is expected to be awarded in July 2011 as an indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity contract with an estimated program value of $595m over five years.
In addition to strategic partner The Boeing Company, the Northrop Grumman-led OSF team includes:
* Ares Corporation, Burlingame, Calif.
* Boecore Inc., Colorado Springs, Colo.
* Davidson Technologies Inc., Huntsville, Ala.
* Dynetics, Huntsville, Ala.
* Houghton Associates Inc., Hillsborough, N.C.
* L.C. Wright Inc., McLean, Va.
* Metron Scientific Solutions, Reston, Va.
* Mission Solutions Engineering, Arlington, Va.
* Penta Research Inc., Huntsville, Ala.
* Schafer Corporation/3D Research, Chelmsford, Mass.
* Raytheon Company, Colorado Springs, Colo.