Sponsored by Clarion Events
08 Dec 22. Amazon’s Dave Limp, Senior Vice President of Devices & Services, and SES’s Steve Collar, CEO, to Appear as Keynote Speakers at SATELLITE.
SATELLITE 2023 will take place March 13-16 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C.
SATELLITE Conference and Exhibition is pleased to announce this year’s Tuesday and Wednesday Opening General Session keynote speakers. Tuesday’s Opening General Session will feature Dave Limp, Senior Vice President of Devices & Services at Amazon, and Wednesday’s Opening General Session will feature Steve Collar, CEO of SES.
In a fireside chat interview prior to Tuesday’s Opening General Session, Dave will share important details about Project Kuiper – Amazon’s Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellite network, designed to provide fast, affordable broadband to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
The Tuesday Opening General Session will take place on Tuesday, March 14, 2023 at 8:30 AM ET in Ballroom A/B at SATELLITE 2023 and is open to all attendees.
With the rapid integration of today’s space and terrestrial connectivity infrastructure happening, attendees will hear from the leader of one of the most established connectivity providers, prior to the Wednesday Opening General Session. Steve Collar, CEO of SES, will share how SES is enabling connections around the world and shaping the future of the commercial space industry.
The Wednesday Opening General Session will take place on Wednesday, March 15, 2023 at 9:00 AM ET in Ballroom A/B at SATELLITE 2023 and is also open to all attendees.
“Both Amazon and SES have new satellite systems in the works that will connect ms of new customers around the world. We are thrilled that Dave Limp and Steve Collar are coming to SATELLITE 2023 to share their vision of how these new systems will shake up the market,” says Executive Chairman, Jeffrey Hill. “Both speakers will provide attendees with exciting new details about future services roll-outs, new applications, and the evolution of commercial satellite services.”
The Early Bird deadline is December 15, 2022 at 11:59 PM ET. Attendees can register for a free Exhibit Hall pass, or save hundreds on a Track pass or Executive All-Access pass by registering before the deadline.
SATELLITE 2023 will be held March 13-16 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center located at 801 Mt Vernon Pl NW, Washington, D.C. 20001.
Learn more and register at www.SATShow.com.
Members of the press can apply for credentials at https://www.satshow.com/press-registration/.
Follow SATELLITE 2023
LinkedIn Group: www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=926067
LinkedIn Page: www.linkedin.com/company/satellite-conference-exhibition/
Twitter: www.twitter.com/SATELLITEDC (@SATELLITEDC, #SATShow)
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/viasatellitemagazine (@viasatellitemagazine)
About SATELLITE 2023
SATELLITE unites a diverse community of aerospace and connectivity thought leaders, entrepreneurs, executives, engineers, end-users and enthusiasts from around the world for the largest and most important global space and satellite technology event of the year. The SATELLITE Conference and Exhibition will take place on March 13-16, 2023 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center (801 Mt. Vernon Place NW, Washington, DC 20001). For more information, please visit www.SATShow.
07 Dec 22. IDET 2023: Deadline for application at best prices is coming up. The IDET International Defence and Security Technologies Fair will take place at the Brno Exhibition Centre from 24 to 26 May 2023. This time it will be celebrating 30 years since its first season.
The deadline for applying to participate in IDET is coming up fast.
Exhibition area at best prices can be purchased until 10 December 2022 only. The event is being prepared in cooperation with the Ministry of Defence of the Czech Republic and the Czech Armed Forces, whose stand will traditionally be dominating the fair. Among the attractions of IDET there will be the IDET ARENA outdoor field polygon with demonstrations of military, firefighting and police equipment. The Start-up Innovation Zone project, organised by the Defence and Security Industry Association of the Czech Republic, will also be back. The current situation in Ukraine will also be among the highlighted topics of the fair.
05 Dec 22. Support Chain Seminar 2023.
Day One – Delivering better equipment faster and at lower cost.
Day Two – Digital Asset Management.
“End to End Digital Engineering in the fourth industrial revolution promises the most profound change to the way we procure and support defence equipment in 50 years.”
Adrian Baguley, Deputy Chief Executive Officer & Director General Strategic Enablers
Day One (includes discussion panels, networking breaks/lunch and exhibition)
- Stephen Wilcock, DE&S Dir Engineering & Safety, MOD
- Adrian Baguley, DE&S Dep CEO. MOD – Keynote
- Lt Gen Richard Wardlaw (Invited to speak), CDLS Strat Com, MOD – Digital Engineering to deliver operational advantage
- Industry DSF Keynote
- Anton Burford, Capability Director, Aeralis – Building the digital Aircraft
- Dr Alex Rose-Parfitt, Engineering Director, Raytheon UK – Building the digital Missile
- Richard Wray, Engineering Director, MBDA – Building the digital Missile
- Nick Smallwood, CEO, Infrastructure & Projects Authority, MOD – Digitalising Government Business
- Prof Duncan Kemp, DE&S Digital Engineering Team Leader, MOD – Lessons from DE&S Digital Engineering – DE&S Policy and guidance
- Craig Spacey, Group Support & Services Director, BAE Systems – BAE Systems Digitalisation Journey
- Rolls-Royce (invited to speak) – Intelligent Engine Services at Rolls-Royce
- Mark Walker, Application Engineering Manager, MathWorks UK – Making A Digital Twin a Reality – From Engineering concept to Through Life Technical Support
NETWORK EXTRA – HOT BUFFET AND BAR
Vanguard and Young Professionals session and Exhibition
Day Two (includes discussion panels, networking breaks/lunch and exhibition)
- RAdm Andy Kyte (invited to speak) – Improving Defence Outputs – The role of Digital Engineering
- Dr Richard Drake, CTO, Babcock International – Engineering Support Transformation and Digital Asset Management
- Ryan England, Head of Service Transformation (UKL), Thales – Making Digital Transformation a Reality: An OEM’s Journey
- Dr Will Roper – A US Perspective on the Digitalisation of Defence
- Airbus (invited to speak) – Digital Engineering Experience
- Andy Start, CEO DE&S (invited to speak) – Finale Speaker
SCS23 provides the opportunity for the ‘Team Defence’ community to hear, first-hand, how Digital Engineering is transforming Defence. Digital Engineering offers the potential to reduce development times for new equipment, improve availably of in-service equipment for less money and reduced risk. The event will give an opportunity to understand the opportunities that Digital Engineering offers, discuss the key initiatives, exchange information, strengthen relationships, and become engaged in collaborative MOD/Industry Working Groups.
The event will include presentations and Q&A discussion panels on:
- The operational and business benefits MOD wishes to achieve through Digital Engineering
- Key lessons from different countries and different sectors on their Digital Engineering journey
- How existing and new suppliers are using Digital Engineering to deliver battle winning solutions, faster and at lower cost
28 Nov 22. Impact of next-generation satellite technologies is the focus of Part III of the upcoming Rohde & Schwarz virtual session.
Technological advances in the satellite industry have enabled high to very-high throughput satellites in GEO, MEO and LEO orbits. Satellite capacity has been tremendously and costs reduced. Higher frequency bands — Q/V band and higher — will provide more bandwidth. Software-defined payloads enable upgrading and the adding of new functions even when the satellite is in orbit for greater flexibility in serving customer needs.
After the successful parts 1 and 2 of the Rohde & Schwarz Satellite Industry Day series, part 3 will occur on December 13, 2022, at 15:00 CET. The virtual session includes a panel of industry experts focused on the impact of next-generation satellite technologies. Participants can meet in virtual reality with industry partners and leading experts at the event.
Technological innovations create new opportunities and bring new technical challenges. Experts from Rohde & Schwarz, WORK Microwave, Calian, EUTELSAT and Airbus Defence and Space will be on the stage.
A panel discussion with all experts and live Q&A moderated by Thomas Wrede, Founder and Managing Director of Technology, Vision Consulting UG, will round out the day.
- Jörg Rockstroh, Director Business Development at WORK Microwave, presents insights into digital ground segment infrastructures for SATCOM and SPACECOM, helping system integrators and operators understand how to best migrate from an analog to digital teleporting infrastructure.
- Peter Waskowic is Calian Director for satellite communications products. He speaks about the evolution of satellite in-orbit testing in response to flexible high-throughput digital payloads.
- Andreas Voigt works for service operations in EUTELSAT’s video business unit as senior engineer. He will outline EUTELSAT’s QUANTUM satellite and its benefits for EUTELSAT’s customers.
- Glyn Thomas is responsible for overall payload strategy at Airbus Defence and Space. His presentation looks at the role of GEO, LEO and MEO systems in 5G and 6G networks, detailing the Airbus view of a fully interconnected “space wide web.”
- Günter Pfeifer, Product Manager, OTA systems and chambers, will give another presentation on phased array antennas as a key technology for increased agility across orbits and frequency bands. (Source: Satnews)
02 Dec 22. Defence Bidding Top Tips. Thursday, 15 December 2022 12:00 -Thursday, 15 December 2022 13:00.
This is an online event.
Brief Overview: Whether you’re preparing for a mustn’t lose deal or needing to win more bids to hit your growth targets, it is important your proposal is compliant, compelling, and competitive. In this webinar, you’ll be introduced to some of our tried and tested techniques for securing defence contracts of all sizes.
Speaker: Gareth Earle
Who should attend: Anyone who has an interest in improving their organisation’s bidding performance or is curious about finding new techniques to minimise the chance of receiving the ‘unsuccessful tenderer’ letter.
What will delegates take away: How successful bidding goes beyond ‘writing a good proposal’. How analysing the opportunity holistically will maximise your chances of transforming a business opportunity into business results.
This event will be taking place via Microsoft Teams.
Once booked, link to session will be visible in the ‘More Info’ tab.
Registration Free (Source: MAKE UK DEFENCE)
02 Dec 22. Defence Attaché Engagement – February 2023.
Wednesday, 1 February 2023 12:00 -Wednesday, 1 February 2023 23:00
Attend this upcoming Defence Attaché industry engagement event for the chance to meet one-to-one with UK defence staff before they take up their posts at UK Embassies and High Commissions abroad.
Following some adjustments to the UKDSE briefing package for outgoing UK defence staff, ADS and Make UK Defence have agreed an enhanced opportunity within this for industry engagement and participation.
Interested companies will undergo an initial selection process, this to ensure that companies attending cover a range of domains (Land, Air, Maritime, Cyber, Security and others). We also want to ensure there is a fair mix of SMEs and larger companies, as well as opening up opportunities for new companies to participate. You will be sent a template to complete which requires you to describe your technology, product, or service which will then be reviewed. Those who were placed on the reserve list for the previous event in September 2022 will be offered first refusal to attend this event. Further instructions will be sent once you have registered your interest and companies will be contacted regarding attendance during the week commencing Monday 16 January 2023. Successful companies will then be invited to attend the event. Please do not make any travel arrangements for the event until your attendance has been confirmed.
Note: The final list of chosen invitees will be at ADS, Make UK Defence and UKDSE’s discretion.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING:
Industry attendees will have the opportunity to have one-to-one scheduled meetings with the outgoing defence staff to be based in those countries of potential interest, and it is hoped that, where possible, the relevant country desk officers and military support staff from UKDSE will also be in attendance. Regional International Trade Advisors have also been invited to attend the event.
12:00 Optional early delegate arrival for UKDSE-EST brief and tour
13:30 Delegates to arrive from this time and set up in LEC Exhibition Hall
14:30 Delegate briefing in LEC Exhibition Hall
14:50 DA speed dating / briefs on export faculty and other relevant topics / free time
16:30 DA speed dating / briefs on export faculty and other relevant topics / free time
18:00 Delegates to breakdown and EST guide to escort delegates to Royal Artillery Officers Mess or offsite
18:30 Business Curry Buffet – A chance to have further business discussions in an informal setting in the Royal Artillery Officers’ Mess
TO REGISTER INTEREST:
To register interest please email with the name of the delegate, job title and company name by Wednesday 4 January 2023. We will then write out to request more information on your capabilties.
We will be able to advise which companies have been selected by Monday 9 January 2023. Due to the structure of the event we recommend that one delegate from your company attends. If more than one delegate would like to attend, then please email .
Indicative pricing to attend:
- £120 + VAT per person – member rate
- £240 + VAT per person – non-member rate
Pricing could be subject to change. We will confirm if you are accepted. At the moment we do not have confirmed catering costs.
Please note: To register interest please email , we will then be in contact to let you know if your place has been accepted.
(Source: MAKE UK DEFENCE)
DSEI 2023 – POWERING PROGRESS, DEFINING YOUR FUTURE
DSEI connects governments, national armed forces, industry thought leaders and the entire defence & security supply chain on a global scale. With a range of valuable opportunities for networking, a platform for business, access to relevant content & live-action demonstrations, the DSEI community can strengthen relationships, share knowledge and engage in the latest capabilities across the exhibition’s Aerospace, Land, Naval, Security & Joint Zones.