Sponsored by Clarion Events
23 Nov 22. Impact of next-generation satellite technologies next hot topic at Rohde & Schwarz Satellite Industry Days.
After the successful parts 1 and 2 of the Rohde & Schwarz Satellite Industry Day series, part 3 will take place on December 13, 2022 at 15:00 CET. The virtual session includes a panel of industry experts focused on the impact of next-generation satellite technologies. Participants can meet in virtual reality with industry partners and leading experts at the event.
Technological advances in the satellite industry have enabled high to very-high throughput satellites in GEO, MEO and LEO orbits. Satellite capacity has been tremendously and costs reduced. Higher frequency bands — Q/V band and higher — will provide more bandwidth. Software-defined payloads enable upgrading and the adding of new functions even when the satellite is in orbit for greater flexibility in serving customer needs.
Technological innovations create new opportunities and bring new technical challenges. Experts from Rohde & Schwarz, WORK Microwave, Calian, EUTELSAT and Airbus Defence and Space will be on the stage.
Jörg Rockstroh, Director Business Development at WORK Microwave, presents insights into digital ground segment infrastructures for satcom and spacecom, helping system integrators and operators understand how to best migrate from an analog to digital teleporting infrastructure.
Peter Waskowic is Calian Director for satellite communications products. He speaks about the evolution of satellite in-orbit testing in response to flexible high-throughput digital payloads.
Andreas Voigt works for service operations in EUTELSAT’s video business unit as senior engineer. He will outline EUTELSAT’s QUANTUM satellite and its benefits for EUTELSAT’s customers.
Glyn Thomas is responsible for overall payload strategy at Airbus Defence and Space. His presentation looks at the role of GEO, LEO and MEO systems in 5G and 6G networks, detailing the Airbus view of a fully interconnected “space wide web”.
Günter Pfeifer, Product Manager OTA systems and chambers will give another presentation on phased array antennas as a key technology for increased agility across orbits and frequency bands.
A panel discussion with all experts and live Q&A moderated by Thomas Wrede, Founder and Managing Director of Technology Vision Consulting UG will round off the day.
Registration for the free event and further information on the Satellite Industry Day Series 2022 is available at: https://www.rohde-schwarz.com/aerospace-defense/satellite-days
21 Nov 22. Defence Innovation Loans updates: join the upcoming webinar to see what we have in store.
DASA and Innovate UK will host a webinar to share exciting updates for the future of Defence Innovation Loans, and answer your questions. Don’t miss out!
- On 13 December 2022, DASA and Innovate UK will host a webinar to share exciting changes for the future of Defence Innovation Loans
- Defence Innovations Loans are delivered via a unique partnership between DASA and Innovate UK
- Defence Innovation Loans is an alternative funding method to help Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) who often struggle to bring their ideas to market
The Defence and Security Accelerator (DASA) introduced Defence Innovation Loans in the summer of 2021, as an alternative funding method to help convert mature defence innovations into viable business propositions that can compete for defence procurement. Aimed at Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), and with a below market interest rate of 7.4% per annum, Defence Innovation Loans provide affordable funds to help innovators commercialise defence innovations.
Following success of the Defence Innovation Loans funding model, DASA and Innovate UK are pleased to hold an upcoming webinar to announce exciting changes to improve the service. Attendees will also have the opportunity to ask the hosts questions they have about the service.
Register now: 13 December – Defence Innovation Loans: Webinar
What will the webinar cover?
- What is DASA?
- How do Defence Innovation Loans work?
- What is new with Defence Innovation Loans?
- Who can apply – is your business and innovation eligible?
- What you can borrow – amounts and eligible costs.
- What project and loan periods are available and what the repayment terms are.
- How to apply for a Defence Innovation Loan; information about submitting applications to DASA and Innovate UK.
Defence Innovation Loans: what’s new?
DASA always seeks to improve its services, so aspects of the Defence Innovation Loans model will change in mid-December 2022. Here is how we are improving the service and making it easier for you to apply:
- Defence Innovation Loans are expanding to offer loans from £100K to £2m (previously £250K to £1.6M)
- the loan availability period will be up to 3 years (previously 2)
- Defence Innovation Loans will return to cycles, but will remain open at all times throughout the year
- the initial outcome of loan eligibility will still be carried out by DASA and Innovate UK, within 7 weeks from the closing date of the cycle
Attend the upcoming webinar to learn more and keep an eye on the DASA homepage for updates.
Who can apply for a Defence Innovation Loan?
To apply for a Defence Innovation Loan, you must:
- be a UK registered SME
- intend to exploit the results in the UK or overseas to make a significant and positive impact on the UK economy and / or productivity
- give evidence that your business is suitable to take on a loan
Please note, individuals, academic institutions, research organisations and large companies are not eligible for Defence Innovation Loans.
What innovations are considered for a loan?
Defence Innovation Loans are open to innovative ideas to improve the defence of the UK. Your innovation must be mature, at TRL 6 or above, to ensure the solution can be commercialised within the time scale of the loan. There must also be clear evidence of a Defence need for the innovative solution.
- 13 December – Defence Innovation Loans: Webinar; https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/defence-innovation-loans-update-tickets-464179361967
Defence Innovation Loans: meet the Access to Mentoring & Finance (A2MF) Team
The A2MF team works closely with innovators to understand their business needs and aspirations. Their goal is to help companies become investment, market and supply chain ready. Engrained in the extensive business incubation and support community, the A2MF team use a smart brokerage model to help companies identify and access the expertise and funding required to overcome challenges to business growth and realise their ambitions.
Meet the team and learn more: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/introducing-the-access-to-mentoring-finance-team-a2mf (Source: https://www.gov.uk/)
DSEI 2023 – POWERING PROGRESS, DEFINING YOUR FUTURE
DSEI connects governments, national armed forces, industry thought leaders and the entire defence & security supply chain on a global scale. With a range of valuable opportunities for networking, a platform for business, access to relevant content & live-action demonstrations, the DSEI community can strengthen relationships, share knowledge and engage in the latest capabilities across the exhibition’s Aerospace, Land, Naval, Security & Joint Zones.