23 Feb 12. Subject: Are you available for this year’s global meeting of soldier modernisers? You’re probably aware that although the US and British Armies plan to reduce infantry, they plan to modernise and train their force to the highest possible standard. And, you may be aware that recent figures suggest that the amount forecast to be spent on soldier modernisation could reach $802.4m this year. Specifically, the following nations have ring-fenced budget: Sweden, Poland, Netherlands and Australia. And, these countries now have defined soldier requirements and budget: Malaysia, Thailand, Brazil and Indonesia. For the reasons above, and the fact the soldier modernisation market is buoyant, Soldier Technology, the world’s largest gathering of soldier modernisation professionals, will be a critical meeting place this year. The programme managers from Brazil, Thailand and Indonesia have just confirmed that they will speak at Soldier Technology to brief on their requirements. To find out more, please request the list confirmed programmes and speakers – here.
Special Offer: We have 10 passes available at 15% off for BATTLESPACE subscribers – register now or miss out on this amazing opportunity. Use discount code BTLSPC
There are three ways to book: Online at www.soldiertechnology.com
Call our customer service team on: +44 (0)207 368 9465
Benefits of attending:
1. Meet government programme managers and their Prime Contractors from funded soldier equipment projects seeking new solutions to expand your business opportunities
2. Forecast ahead for future growth for your business by learning from and networking with international soldier modernisation programme procurement teams
3. Meet with and hear from procurement teams from funded programmes including:
* UK’s Weapons modernisation programme (estimated £1bn)
* UK’s Land Environment Tactical System (LE TacCIS) programme (estimated £2.5billion)
* Canada’s Integrated Soldier System Project (estimated $300m Canadian)
* Sweden’s MARKUS programme (estimated €100m)
* Australia’s Project Land 125 (estimated $400m Australian)
* US Marine Corps’s Marine Expeditionary Rifle Squad (rapid-access budget of $10+m)
REQUEST THE LIST OF ORGANISATIONS ALREADY PARTICIPATING
Register online if you have enough information to register. Alternatively, call +44 (0) 20 7368 9465 or email for more information.
Director, Soldier Technology
21st – 24th May
Earl’s Court Conference Centre, London
P.S. Book now to get your special discount! Call on +44 (0) 20 7368 9465 if you need assistance!
Primary Sponsor: Sagem
Associate Sponsors: Aimpoint, Qioptiq
Sponsors: 3M Peltor, ABSL Power, Brentronics, Cassidian, Glenair, Harris, Infrared Security, Istec Services, Natek Power Systems, ODU, Photonis, Selex Elsag, T Worx, Trijicon, Unatsolar, Vectronix.
24 Feb 12. David Cameron is expected to open this year’s Farnborough International Airshow, marking the end of years of UK government indifference towards the most important event of the defence industry’s biannual calendar, at a time of deep cuts in domestic military spending.
Defence industry experts told the Financial Times they understood that the prime minister would give a very public show of his backing for the sector by attending the July showcase in Hampshire, unless there was an unexpected change of plan. This follows deep disappointment surrounding India’s decision to buy French Dassault jets rather than Eurofighter Typhoons, in which the UK’s BAE Systems is a partner. Political critics said the decision highlighted the limits of Mr Cameron’s influence. (Source: FT.com)
24 Feb 12. The organisers of the annual RAF Cosford Air Show have confirmed that the show will go ahead on Sunday 17 June 2012. In previous years the crowd at this event on the Shropshire/Staffordshire border have enjoyed a fantastic f