FLIR COMPETITION AT OWNING THE NIGHT – NOVEMBER 10TH
* Teams will consist of 2 Personnel.
* Each team member is to fire 6 rounds each. The first 2 rounds each will not count as they are ‘practice rounds’.
* The practice will be conducted at a range of 900 metres.
* Each shot is to be fired with the team member in the prone position (laying down).
* While one team member shoots, the other lays alongside with a RECON (on small tripod – need to acquire). He acts as a spotter/guide.
* 4 rounds will be scored (we have automated scoring system provided by MS Instruments PLC).
A FLIR member of staff will record the scores and whose decision will be FINAL.
FLIR looks forward to your entry – If you could confirm and provide
Details. Contact: Jane Butler, Marketing Co-Ordinator, FLIR Systems UK Ltd:
BATTLESPACE C4ISTAR TECHNOLOGIES EDITORIAL CALENDAR 2010
Our theme for 2010 is ‘Defence Technology – The Force Multiplier.’
AUSA Florida 24th – 26th February
DSA Malaysia 19th – 22nd April
Copy deadline: February 11th
Materials deadline: February 13th
* U.S. Armoured Vehicle – Post FCS by Scott Gourley
* U.S. Soldier System Update by Scott Gourley
* U.K. MoD LPPV Finalists by Julian Nettlefold
* Special Technology Feature – Border Protection – This Technology Supplement will cover all aspects of the key technologies being utilised in Border Security including EO/IR, UGVs, tracking technology, location technology, radio technology and unmanned ground systems and video surveillance.
* Country Profile – The Far East – by John Reed
EUROSATORY – June 14th and 18th
Copy deadline: May11th
Materials deadline: May 13th
*Helicopter and UAV EO/IR Payloads by David Maxwell
* European C4I Update by Stefan Nitschke
* European Soldier Systems Update by Stefan Nitschke
* European Communication Systems Converge by Stefan Nitschke
* Industry interview – BATTLESPACE meets Dr. Stefan Zoller CEO of EADS Defence and Security Division, a candidate for 2010 BATTLESAPCE Businessman of the Year
* European Defence Moves to a Common procurement System by John Reed
*Technology Feature – Battlefield Surveillance Radar Developments
DVD – June 23rd and 24th
Copy deadline: 4th June
Materials deadline: 7th June
* DVD Preview
* U.S. Tactical Truck Review by Scott Gourley
* Light Vehicles on the Battlefield by Bob Morrison
* Tactical Trucks on the Battlefield by Shaun Connors
* UGV Sensors by David Maxwell
* UGVs Populate the Battlefield by Julian Nettlefold
* Night Driving Technology by David Maxwell
* Industry interview – BATTLESPACE meets Earl Lewis, CEO of Flir Systems Inc., a candidate for 2010 BATTLESAPCE Businessman of the Year
* Technology feature – Vetronics
AUSA Washington DC October 25th – 27th
Copy deadline: October 6th
Materials deadline: October 8th
* New Satcom Developments by Julian Nettlefold
* Infantry Radio Update by Scott Gourley
* Rugged Computers for the Soldier by Julian Nettlefold
* Special Artillery Feature by Scott Gourley
* Industry Interview – Finmeccanica and DRS two years on
* Technology Feature – Infantry Night Vision Systems Update by David Maxwell
* Industry Interview – BATTLESPACE meets Robert G. Bohn Chairman and CEO of Oshkosh Corporation, a candidate for 2010 BATTLESAPCE Businessman of the Year by Scott Gourley
Special Distribution at Bisley for Conference – Date to be advised
Copy deadline: October 16th
Materials deadline: October 14th
* The Growing Use of Armoured Composites by Julian Nettlefold
* IED Protection Developments
* Active protection and Sensor Systems for Armour
* Overhead Weapon Stations, Pintles and Associated Pr