EXHIBITIONS AND CONFERENCES
Web page sponsor INN or OUT
Specialist Exhibition Caterers
08 Jan 09. Leading government and defence geospatial intelligence decision makers are once again set to gather in London for the annual meeting of Europe’s geospatial intelligence community – DGI 2009. Between January 19th -22nd 2009 government and defence GIS, remote sensing, cartography, operations, and imagery & analysis experts will gather in London to discuss the ever-changing geospatial intelligence environment and how GIS is being used in scenarios such as international conflicts, humanitarian disasters, crime, security, border control, arms treaty monitoring and global climate change.
The key theme of DGI 2009 is building the right infrastructure and architectures to take advantage of geospatial intelligence capabilities, and key topics to be covered at this year’s conference include:
* 11 strategic real-life case studies from the UK MoD
* 17 in-theatre operational case studies
* Strategic presentations on GIS use in national security and defence operations
* Updates on the current GIS R&D activities around the world
* 4 NATO strategic presentations on in-theatre and in HQ GIS use and development
* Innovative ways of using GIS in EU Missions around the world
* Techniques and case studies on 3D and 4D mapping and imagery
* Success stories of Web-enabling GIS services
* How GIS is used to prevent terrorism around the world
* About GIS impact on defence health
* Civilian case studies from the blue light services, The Home Office and the British Transport Police
* Data sharing and management case studies across nations
The conference is set to attract over 600 delegates who will benefit from 60+ government, defence and industry speakers from the US, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Norway, Sweden, Israel, South Africa, Netherlands, Poland, Austria, Finland, Czech Republic, NATO And the EU as well as many other countries.
DGI 2009 runs between the 19th and 22nd of January 2009, at the Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre, London. We are offering limited press passes to attend DGI 2009 so in order to secure your complimentary press pass, please get in contact by Wednesday the 14th January.