EXHIBITIONS AND CONFERENCES
Web page sponsor INN or OUT
Specialist Exhibition Caterers
Sep 08. BATTLESPACE Editor Julian Nettlefold will be at AUSA. We will be running a Special AUSA issue after the show. Contact: +44 (0) 77689 54766
Sep 08. The highly acclaimed Australian International Airshow and Aerospace &Defence Exposition will be staged two weeks earlier than its long published dates. This change follows an unexpected clashwith the 2009 Australian Grand Prix. The new dates for AVALON2009 are Tuesday 10 March to Sunday 15 March. The exclusive industry trade-only sessions will be from Tuesday 10 March until 2pmon Friday 13 March, with entry to the site restricted to those with a professional or operational interest in aviation, aerospace or defence matters. From 2pm on Friday 13 March, the gates will open to the general public. The ‘Night Alight’ air spectacular on Friday evening is just one of many highlights on the program, with the public sessions continuing over the weekend on Saturday and Sunday, 14 and 15 March.
Sep 08. Armoured Vehicles Middle East. Building capability, developing relationships and defining requirements for the Gulf region’s armoured vehicles community. November 23 – 25, 2008 • Armed Forces Officers Club, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
Addressing the Unique Needs and Requirements of the Gulf Region at Armoured Vehicles Middle East
How are the lessons identified by their key Western allies informing the GCC nations’ requirements, acquisition programmes, training and operational focus?
* Build relationships with Gulf region militaries and key Western allies
* Learn from the experts: operational, procurement and doctrinal case studies
* Discuss latest technologies: armour, weapons, sensors and drive systems
* Network with military/government officials and the global defence industry
British Army Guest Keynote Speaker
Lieutenant General Richard Shirreff CBE, Commander, Allied Rapid Reaction Corps
The expert panel includes:
* Lieutenant General (Ret’d) Sir John Kiszely CBE MC, Conference Chairman
* Colonel Richard Nixon-Eckersall, Assistant Director (Capability), HQ Director Royal Armoured Corps, British Army
* Colonel Adrian Amber, Assistant Director, Land Systems, UK MoD
* Colonel Lowell Thomas, Director Armour and Army Training, Canadian Forces
* Colonel (Ret’d) Alec Bain, Former Colonel Capability, HQ Director, Infantry
* Colonel Michael Smith, TRADOC Capability Manager for Training, Doctrine, Combat Development and Experimentation, US Army Armor Centre
* Colonel (Ret’d) Alastair Campbell, Director, RUSI Qatar
* Lt. Colonel Dick Hudson, DS Ground Manoeuvre, DCMT/Cranfield, UK Defence Academy
* Matt Matthews, Combat Studies Institute, Foreign Military Studies Office, Fort Leavenworth
* Dr. Jim Storr, Former British Army Doctrine Writer
* Dr. Bruce Nardulli, Senior Political Scientist, RAND Corporation
* Professor Ian Horsfall, Head of Impact & Armour Group, DCMT/Cranfield, UK Defence Academy
* Stephen Champion, Impact & Armour Group, DCMT/Cranfield, UK Defence Academy
* Dr. Amer Hameed, Head of Weapons Systems and Engineering Dynamics Group, DCMT/Cranfield, UK Defence Academy
* David Diskett, Team Leader Vehicle Systems, DCMT/Cranfield, UK Defence Academy
FOR EVERY EVENT:
Call: +44 (0) 207 368 9300
Fax: +44 (0) 207 368 9301
Sep 08. Radio Frequency Identification Systems and Technologies for Asset Visibility & Supply Chain Transformation.
27 Oct 2008 – 28 Oct 2008
Las Vegas, NV, United States
Bally’s Las Vegas
TTC – Technology Training Corporation
(Source: ASD Network)
Sep 08. Memorial Flight: Sponsorship. Defence Equipment & Support reports (Desider, September 2008) that BAE Systems is to sponsor the RAF Battle of Britain Memorial Flight for five years. No financial details of the arrangement have been released.
Comment: The Memorial Flight is based at RAF Coningsby and includes Hurricanes