EXHIBITIONS AND CONFERENCES
Jul 08. PLATFORM TECHNOLOGY IN THE 21ST CENTURY
17 September 2008-07-22
Download programme and registration form (PDF):
Contact: Martin Pratt
Tel: (+44) 020 7973 1261
Platform technology in the 21st century must balance survivability, mobility, ease of transportation and the very latest application of technology.
Procurers demand an ever-increasing standard of military platform in order to meet the challenges of modern-day threats and warfare.
This one-day seminar will update you on the challenges facing engineers seeking to meet procurers’ requirements for future military platforms, and also provide some of the latest solutions to these challenges.
With key presentations by the Ministry of Defence, military platform manufacturers and military technology companies, this event will provide a comprehensive guide to engineering cutting-edge military platforms.
ATTENDING WILL HELP YOU
* Hear the MoD’s thoughts on present and future requirements for military vehicle procurement
* Learn more about systems for vehicle navigation, control, obstacle avoidance and decision-making
* Design vehicles to successfully meet a variety of threats
* Choose the perfect materials to balance survivability with mobility and transportation
* Examine the future of autonomous military vehicles
* Discuss hybrid technology in military vehicles
* Analyse the technology of Modular Integrated Survivability on armoured fighting vehicles
* Strike the right balance between technology and human intervention
* Reduce overall weight of vehicles
* Improve efficiency of military platforms
* Learn about recent advances in electronic technology in military platforms
* Debate the outcome of the Grand Challenge
* Meet, greet and network with key industry figures
* Operate at the cutting edge
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
International government and ministry procurers, technology manufacturers and consultants, senior executives from research and development organizations, electronics and software manufacturers, prime contractors and subcontractors.
AWE, BAE Systems, Corus Automotive, Corus Northern Engineering Services, David Brown Engineering Limited, Deutsch UK, Eaton Corporation, EDS Defence, GKN Autostructures, IDAC Ltd, Land Rover, Link Microtek Ltd, Lotus Cars Ltd, Millbrook Proving Ground Ltd, MIRA, MOD, Moog Controls Ltd, Moog GmbH, National Physical Laboratory, Parker Hannifin.
Delivering effective and affordable through life solutions to the front line
28 October 2008 London
You are invited to join the debate at this year’s premier high-level defence conference. The 5th Annual UK Defence Conference will focus on the most critical challenges and opportunities facing governments and the defence industry in the United Kingdom, Continental Europe and North America. This year’s event will seek to answer two major questions:
* In an era of asymmetric conflicts how do we tilt the playing field in our favour?
* In an age of uncertainty how do we maintain the ability to fight other wars?
Key conference sessions and speakers
Innovative approaches to the use of energy
Mr William C Anderson
Assistant Secretary for Installations, Environment and Logistics, US Air Force
The future character of war and conflict
Rear Admiral Chris Parry
Formerly DG, Development, Concepts and Doctrine Centre and Director, Strategic Forecasting
A 20-year political perspective
Mr Gerald Howarth MP
Shadow Minister for Defence
Acquisition trends – immediate and longer term
Major General Bill Robins
Visiting Professor, Cranfield University
Providing the necessary engineering and technology skills
The Honorable Delores M Etter, Lately Assistant Secretary of the Navy (Research, Development and Acq