EXHIBITIONS AND CONFERENCES
Jul 08. PLATFORM TECHNOLOGY IN THE 21ST CENTURY
17 September 2008-07-22
Download programme and registration form (PDF):
Contact: Martin Pratt
Tel: (+44) 020 7973 1261
Platform technology in the 21st century must balance survivability, mobility, ease of transportation and the very latest application of technology.
Procurers demand an ever-increasing standard of military platform in order to meet the challenges of modern-day threats and warfare.
This one-day seminar will update you on the challenges facing engineers seeking to meet procurers’ requirements for future military platforms, and also provide some of the latest solutions to these challenges.
With key presentations by the Ministry of Defence, military platform manufacturers and military technology companies, this event will provide a comprehensive guide to engineering cutting-edge military platforms.
ATTENDING WILL HELP YOU
* Hear the MoD’s thoughts on present and future requirements for military vehicle procurement
* Learn more about systems for vehicle navigation, control, obstacle avoidance and decision-making
* Design vehicles to successfully meet a variety of threats
* Choose the perfect materials to balance survivability with mobility and transportation
* Examine the future of autonomous military vehicles
* Discuss hybrid technology in military vehicles
* Analyse the technology of Modular Integrated Survivability on armoured fighting vehicles
* Strike the right balance between technology and human intervention
* Reduce overall weight of vehicles
* Improve efficiency of military platforms* Learn about recent advances in electronic technology in military platforms
* Debate the outcome of the Grand Challenge
* Meet, greet and network with key industry figures
* Operate at the cutting edge
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
International government and ministry procurers, technology manufacturers and consultants, senior executives from research and development organizations, electronics and software manufacturers, prime contractors and subcontractors.
AWE, BAE Systems, Corus Automotive, Corus Northern Engineering Services, David Brown Engineering Limited, Deutsch UK, Eaton Corporation, EDS Defence, GKN Autostructures, IDAC Ltd, Land Rover, Link Microtek Ltd, Lotus Cars Ltd, Millbrook Proving Ground Ltd, MIRA, MOD, Moog Controls Ltd, Moog GmbH, National Physical Laboratory, Parker Hannifin.
EXHIBITION AND SPONSORSHIP
Sponsoring an IMechE event offers a superb opportunity to meet and do business with key players in related industries. We offer various packages that we can tailor to suit your needs and objectives.
If you have a product or service to promote, you can enhance brand awareness by:
* Becoming a key sponsor of platinum/gold/silver or associate packages
* Hosting a networking drinks reception
* Taking an exhibition space at the conference
* Advertising in the delegate documentation pack
* Providing branded bags, pens, gifts, etc.
To take advantage of our range of sponsorship and/ or exhibition packages or for more information please contact:
Aman Duggal Tel: +44 (0)20 7973 1309 Email:
9:00 Registration, tea and coffee
9:25 Welcoming remarks and opening address by seminar chairman
9:30 Procuring specialist vehicles
* MoD requirements of military platforms
* The challenges of meeting the demands of current operations
Nick Fox MBE,
Programme Manager Utility Vehicles SUV IPT, Ministry of Defence
Nick has served in the MoD for 35 years, and has been in his current post for 4 years. The Specialist and Utility Vehicles (SUV) IPT is a Through Life IPT. It buys and manages specialist and utility vehicles for all three services and is part of the MoD