Web Page sponsored by IT Governance
IT Governance is a unique organisation.
We source, create and deliver products and services to meet the real-world, evolving IT governance needs of today’s organizations, directors, managers and practitioners. Our objective is to make this site the one-stop-shop for comprehensive corporate and IT governance information, advice, guidance, books, tools, training and consultancy.
We have been involved in designing, and successfully implementing, cost-effective BS 7799/ISO 27001 information security management systems since the standard was first promulgated. We write and publish extensively on IT governance subjects, including IT service management, project governance, regulation and compliance, and have evolved a range of leading-edge tools for IT governance, information security and regulatory compliance practitioners, available through the online shop on this site.
We approach IT governance, regulatory compliance and information security issues from a management perspective and are committed to engaging business leaders in developing and implementing information, ICT regulatory compliance and information security strategies that enable their businesses to compete effectively in the global information economy.
IT Governance Ltd
t:+ 44 (0) 8450 701750
d:+ 44 (0) 1353 771068
f:+ 44 (0) 1353 662667
07 Apr 11. Unique Insights and Experienced Guidance on PCI Compliance. If you need to comply with the bank enforced PCIDSS, you will need to:
* Understand the PCI DSS scheme and its objectives;
* Interpret the PCI DSS requirements for your own organisation;
* Plan your compliance strategy and segment any resulting actions into manageable phases, with achievab le goals.
PCI DSS is not just an IT issue! Our practical course is aimed at everyone in the PCI DSS project: IT staff, Finance, HR and Senior Management alike. Everyone involved in any aspect of a PCI DSS compliance project will benefit from this one day course.
Find out more and book the course today!
PCI Foundation Training Course – 11 May in London. This 1-day, information-packed course, based on the new PCI DSS standard, gives you everything you need to know for PCI compliance. It is ideal for those who have to comply with this bank-enforced standard.
Book your place today! This special IT Governance course provides unique insights that will steer delegates toward cost-effective PCI DSS compliance by:
* Providing insight on how to effectively scope your cardholder data environment, which is fundamental to cost-effective PCI DSS compliance;
* Explaining the 10 key requirements of the PCI DSS and their multitude of mandatory sub-requirements, together with guidance on cost-effective implementation;
* Providing details of common failures, (mis-interpreting the requirements of the standard is a common pitfall).
* Enabling you to effect suitable knowledge transfer to members of your PCI DSS project team to ensure a consistent approach to meeting the requirements.
* Identifying areas which should be addressed as a matter of urgency, taking into consideration the resulting effects on revenue and on the bottom line.
“Generally a very useful & concise course – will help the organisation better understand PCI DSS issues”
11 Apr 11. The Russian government is intent on reviving the nation’s arms industry while simultaneously modernizing the armed forces. To this end, the Kremlin has revised its State Armaments Program (SAP) and is u-now calling for RUB20trn ($704.9bn) to be spent on the military’s modernization from 2011-2020. There are three key factors that will determine the extent to which the SAP can be implemented. First, in order to meet the funding goal of RUB20trn, approximately 4.5 percent of the nation’s GDP must be directed toward military funding. However, given Russia’s current financial position, this may be a bit ambitious. According to Rebecca Barrett, Eurasi